The word “biotin” comes from the ancient Greek word “biotos,” which means “life” or “sustenance.” Biotin, also known as vitamin H or B7, is one of the B complex vitamins; it is a water-soluble vitamin that helps the body convert food into energy. Water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body so daily intake is necessary. B vitamins, and specifically biotin, help keep your skin, hair, eyes, liver, and nervous system healthy. Biotin is also a crucial nutrient Trusted Source during pregnancy, as it’s important for embryonic growth.
Biotin assists in energy production. It supports a number of enzymes involved in the metabolism of carbs, fats, and protein. It is a coenzyme for carboxylase enzymes. These enzymes are involved in:
- Synthesizing, or creating, fatty acids.
- Synthesizing the amino acids isoleucine and valine.
- Gluconeogenesis or generating glucose.
- Biotin is important during pregnancy and breastfeeding: mild biotin deficiency is often seen during pregnancy. It can lead to abnormal development in the fetus.
- Reduce blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Controlling neuropathy: Biotin is necessary for the activity of pyruvate carboxylase. Without this, high levels of pyruvate and aspartate may arise, and this can adversely affect the nerves.
- Skin health: Biotin’s role in skin health is related to its effect on fat metabolism, which is important for the skin.
- Helps strengthen the Brittle nails (nails are weak and easily become chipped, split or cracked).
- Hair health: Biotin is often associated with increased hair growth and healthier, stronger hair.
Signs of deficiency include:
- hair loss, or alopecia
- a scaly, red rash around the eyes, nose, mouth, and genitals
- numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- a loss of control of bodily movements, known as ataxia
- impaired immune function
- increased risk of bacterial and fungal infection
Nutralic BIOTIN® is used to:
- Support cellular energy production.
- Promote healthy hair, healthy skin, and strong nails.
- Nutralic BIOTIN® is naturally-flavored, easy to chew naturally-sweetened gummies.
- This product is FREE of artificial colors or flavors, gluten, lactose, wheat and yeast.
Adults: Chew two gummies daily or as directed by your physician.
2 years. Do not use after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Store in a dry place & avoid excessive heat. Keep out of reach of children.